FORUMS: list search recent posts

video within eBook information

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Williams
video within eBook information
on Jan 21, 2011 at 12:35:38 am

My employer is looking to get into the eBook frontier and, as a film production company, needs some information on the video format within eBooks. I've done some surface research on the subject (Google, inDesign tutorials, etc.) and have not found enough satisfactory information. So, I come here to get some better guidance.

We plan on turning a 265 page book about knitting into an eBook, complete with graphics on every page showing the finished product and how-to video for each one as well. For this, I need to know the limits that the eBook format (specifically ePub) has with file sizes in terms of video and what not. So, my questions are:

What is the maximum number of clips that are allowed for video in an eBook?
What is the maximum length of each clip? Also, what is the maximum aggregate length of ALL clips within the eBook?
What are the typical quality levels of each video? aka proper compression into the SWF format (which I'm assuming can be done through media encoder)

I know these are broad questions, considering in my research I've never found a maximum size for an eBook. However, any information or guidance towards this information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Justin

Return to posts index

Danny Brock
Re: video within eBook information
on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:04:56 pm

Justin,

Sorry I can't help you with these questions. I'm currently trying to find out the same information as you.

Please let me know if you were able to get answers to your questions.
I'm trying to figure out how to get an animation file into InDesign then export it as an .epub file

Please let me know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]