FORUMS: list search recent posts

need PAGE LAYOUT assistance on deadline project!

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Traci Quinn
need PAGE LAYOUT assistance on deadline project!
on Jan 6, 2011 at 8:20:18 pm

Help! I'm on deadline and am trying to do something I'm not sure can be done. I have a booklet that when completed will be a horizontal half-letter size. It will open from the bottom rather than the right; so it won't be like a book but more like a Christmas card or party invitation that opens from the bottom up.
Now, I've set it up on InDesign to be eight pages.
It sets them up next to each other as it would for any similar document.
I want to be able to move page 5 directly under page 4 so that it creates a real double-truck, a centerspread that's on the same sheet of paper.
If this were a portrait document, I could do it quite easily, but because I'm creating a new vertical page out of two horizontal pages, InDesign won't let me position them one under the other.
Does that make any sense at all??

Return to posts index

Mike Biewer
Re: need PAGE LAYOUT assistance on deadline project!
on Jan 18, 2011 at 5:50:06 pm

I think I get what you are trying to do and in my experience, you can only move pages/spreads to be next to each other. I'm not 100% sure.

However, I don't think you need to be frantic about it. Have you talked with your printer? Can't you just make each page the overall size of the spread, then put in your own guides so you know which is above and below. Then just make sure your printer is aware that they are printing two pages at once, its just a custom spread you made yourself?

Sometimes you just gotta work with what you know and what you got.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Return to posts index

Traci Quinn
on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:39:55 pm

sorry, just saw this response. I was on a very tight deadline, as in the next morning! But I did find a solution: I simply created one Photoshop image the size of the two-page spread, the two horizontal half letters. Then I drew a picture box on each page that went down past the bottom margin on the top page, and up past the top margin on the bottom page. Then I pulled the image in twice -- once onto each of those two pages. THEN I went into the printer setup and pulled the gutter between those pages back to MINUS 10. It worked great!
Sometimes you just gotta find a different path. :-)

Return to posts index

Lucy Orgill
on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:22:42 am

Hello,

I know this is probably a little late and I am sure you got this sorted with the printer (I have just joined this site) but for future reference there is a plug in that you can get which I found really useful for different spread views/rotating etc..

see link

http://www.dtptools.com/product.asp?id=pcid

Hope this is of help.

Best wishes

Lucy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]