FORUMS: list search recent posts

transparent image over spot color in CS4?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
derek rush
transparent image over spot color in CS4?
on Dec 6, 2010 at 9:41:27 pm

i can't believe i've scoured the net and not found this definitively addressed. i must be using the wrong keywords or something.

i have a .PSD with different layers i'm turning on and off in indesign. sometimes this image is being used over white, sometimes over a spot color background, sometimes just a band of color behind it.

i'd hoped to just use the same image in all instances, but when i print the indesign file to the canon imagepress C1+ color printer, i get a lighter background box.

strangely, if i export the indesign file to PDFX1A and print that, i get a different kind of disaster...the box is gone, but the image over the spot color K/O's white. neither of these effects occur on the screen, only out of the printer. also odd, the shadow under the object comes out fine, fading into the spot color (which i'd have thought would be a problem).

are these issues actually in the file, or is it just the fiery rip? can i resolve them if i create separate PSD files with the spot color background?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]