FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 anchored objects disappearing when exporting to a pdf

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Wood
CS5 anchored objects disappearing when exporting to a pdf
on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:22:28 pm

My chapter files are in a book collection file in CS5. When I export the book to a pdf some of my anchored objects are disappearing. They are in the native file but not in the pdf. The disappearance is random. Some anchored objects appear and some not. All different chapters as well.

The original book was created in CS4 with no problems. When I upgraded to CS5 all was well with the layout.

I have taken one chapter and exported it to IDML and reopened it in CS4 and it has exported to pdf just fine. This is my solution but I would like to know if anyone has a fix for this in CS5?

Return to posts index

Judi Crouse
Re: CS5 anchored objects disappearing when exporting to a pdf
on Dec 27, 2010 at 9:01:29 pm

I had a similar problem with cs5. (In cs4 the anchored objects output as intended.) The randomness has to do with where the anchor appears in relation to the object on the spread. If the anchor is on an opposing page of the spread, the object will not be output (print, distilled, or pdf). If the anchor and object are on the same page then output will not be be affected. I was never able to get the anchor / object / spread problem resolved. My workaround was to to wait until the book was finalized and then remove anchor and manually keep the object in the correct positions. A HUGE pain, but it worked. Anchored objects worked great until cs5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]