FORUMS: list search recent posts

pdf problems it seems

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coy newcomb
pdf problems it seems
on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:30:17 pm

hello all you indesign users, i work for a small paper in arkansas. I was just the simple grunt that picked up papers, helped the pressman, ect. until they found out i actually had a mind (who knew) anyway ive found myself thrown into this new role once a week and i totally love it!
This is the first time in my life that i actually look forward to going to work.
anyway this week an ad came in to our office, an important 750 dollar add (half page color) it looked great on the computer in our office and also in the other office, but when saved as a pdf and sent to the server to be printed it looked like garbage and the text was unreadable.. God the boss blew his cork!
any ideas to what may have happened? i would love to be the hero in this saga and perhaps get another day added to my usually dismal week. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: pdf problems it seems
on Oct 28, 2010 at 8:30:27 pm

Was this an ad you created in Indy or did the client give you something? If the client gave it to you, what kind of file was it?
Did you ever print the file from your computer? Any kind of printer (not the paper's press).

We'll start there and then we can narrow it down based on your responses.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Roger Fryer
on Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25:18 pm

Easy fix mate.
Indesign has a fault when you export to pdf

1. Make a postcript file of the ad
2. Distill the .ps file in Acrobat Distiller

Bingo

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
on Nov 4, 2010 at 2:20:06 pm

Whoa, I wouldn't jump so quickly to that conclusion. In the early days of Indy it did have some problems making a pdf in specific instances. Now though, I have no problems and haven't had to make a postscript file in years!

My original guess was resolution (not having enough), but I wanted more info to be able to confirm.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]