FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing an image with multiple paths

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Perino
Importing an image with multiple paths
on Oct 19, 2010 at 5:19:07 pm

I received a lo-res photoshop file from an outside vendor which links to their hi-res file. This image is an .eps and has two separate paths on it. Neither of which is a clipping path. When I place the image in InDesign I do not get the option of selecting these paths under clipping options.

If, when I place the image, I check the "show import options" box then check both "read embedded OPI image links" and "apply photoshop clipping path" boxes I'm able to get the paths to show up as clipping options in InDesign. However my link gets a red circle with a question mark attached to it which says "a linked file within this placed image is missing."

Other computers in the office work fine with these same files. No need to check any import option boxes and paths show up as usual.

Furthermore if I do a "save as" and don't change anything I can then import the files just fine.

Could this be a connectivity issue between my computer and the servers? Could it be an InDesign preference setting? A mac preference setting? Something within the Photoshop file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]