FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indisgn CS5 takes a very long time to launch.

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suddha Satta Ray
Indisgn CS5 takes a very long time to launch.
on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:47:09 pm

Hi,

I recently installed ID CS5 on my laptop running Vista.
I have noticed that if I launch ID CS5, it takes almost 10 minutes to for the main window to appear. The process indesign.exe can be located in the Task manager from the moment I launch the application.
Aft the main window appears, the application is totally non-responsive. In the task manager, CPU usage is close to 70 to 80%. I really don't know what is ID up to with no files open or no creative work being done.

Note: If I restart PC, ID launches fine within a minute. If I close the ID and then re-launch it again the above behavior is observed (i.e takes ages to load and then freezes)

Please help me resolve this ...

Thanks in advance,
Suddha Satta Ray

Return to posts index

Suddha Satta Ray
Re: Indisgn CS5 takes a very long time to launch.
on Aug 27, 2010 at 12:19:27 pm

Well, I kind of self-resolved the problem.

All I did was (after days of hit and trial with Vista services, start up programs and whether they were conflicting with indesign.exe in any way .... aaarrghh .)

The simple solution to the issue was nothing more than an access issue.
I had installed InDesign Cs5 as user "Administrator", but I was trying to run ID CS5 as a limited user. Therefore all I did was go to these folders mentioned below, right clicked on them, selected "Security" and granted "Full Control" access to all users on the system.

The folders where "FULL CONTROL" access were given:

1. C:\Program Files\Adobe
2. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Hope this info is of help to others who are struggling with Indesign start-up issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]