FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bizzarre Color Problem when Adding Drop Shadow

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Beth French
Bizzarre Color Problem when Adding Drop Shadow
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:21:39 pm

I'm stumped.

I'm a graphic designer and have been working all summer doing brochures, ads, etc. I have never had this problem until this morning and to my knowledge none of the settings I have been using have changed.

Problem: I make an image in photoshop (I'm having the problem with every extension .pdf, .psd, .jpg, etc.) When I place the image in InDesign, it is ok. When I add text to the page and apply an effect to that text (drop shadow, emboss, outer glow, etc.) the color of the picture gets darker and seems to desaturate about 60%. It does not matter where I put the text. I do NOT have the image selected when i am adding the drop shadow to the text.

I am afraid this will affect printing as well, and seeing as how I am the graphic designer and am sending this to a company to be printed, my butt is on the line for a print ready pdf file. I would GREATLY appreciate help on this issue.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Bizzarre Color Problem when Adding Drop Shadow
on Aug 17, 2010 at 4:30:01 pm

What does it look like when you turn on separations preview?

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Sarah Abramson
on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:51:33 pm

I'm having the same problem. Any chance you found a solution??
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Chris Cappilla
on Nov 7, 2013 at 2:11:32 am

yeah, Im having this problem. Any help appreciate. I'm using this light blue color for a rectangle shape and when I turn on drop shadow of type the color of the shape turn dull blue. Please any advice. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mary Beth French
on Nov 7, 2013 at 1:51:53 pm

I do remember the solution. Make sure your transparency blend space matches on everything

Return to posts index

Chris Cappilla
on Nov 7, 2013 at 8:20:32 pm

Mary, thank you so much! You saved me on this project at work. It was really annoying. Thank you again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]