FORUMS: list search recent posts

About InDesign and aftereffects

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johny Abraham
About InDesign and aftereffects
on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:25:13 am

I have worked with adobe Flash and Photoshop. But I have very less knowledge about InDesign and aftereffects. Can anybody recommend if oline or classroom training will be beneficial to successfully complete these certificates in minimum possible time and budget?

Return to posts index

kelly johnson
Re: About InDesign and aftereffects
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:32:31 pm

You mean in just learning them both? Lynda.com just can't be beat short of having an expert sit next to you.

After Effects will take much more to use depending on your current knowledge of how video is different than print...resolution, codecs, formats etc.

InDesign is another layout tool.. even with the new interactive capabilities, which shouldn't be there in my opinion but that's a different story, it's about the design of a static moment in time.

After Effects looks at the beginning, middle and end and everything inbetween so obviously the ramp-up time for AE is going to be longer.

Plus, the hardware used (RAM, storage, processor speed) are all much more important and effect directly your work experience in AE.

But, both are great to learn.

Return to posts index

Johny Abraham
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:29:47 am

Hi Thanks for your valuable advice. I was looking forward to join instructor led training course as online learning mode is not an option for me. what about Boot Camps? Are they helpful?

Return to posts index

kelly johnson
on Aug 12, 2010 at 2:07:54 pm

They can be. Just need to make sure they're not too ultra-beginner oriented and waste half a day talking about file management, differences between a jpeg and gif etc.

You want to find a class that focuses on the software and how to achieve your results; not a class that is telling you about your data, ya know?

Lot's of good books available. The Lynda.com training produces many of their lessons in books w/dvd and unless you live in a really small town, your local library is liable to have a Flash book or so from them.

Amazon is full of great used deals.

I only mention that because originally you asked for online or classroom but now say online stuff isn't possible for you so I thought I'd offer that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]