FORUMS: list search recent posts

video format for .pdf?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy J. Allen
video format for .pdf?
on Jul 9, 2010 at 4:35:08 pm

My apologies if this has been answered lately... I didn't see the answer in a search of recent posts.

I have a client that wants video files that they will be having another contractor embed into a .pdf file using InDesign.

Unfortunately, I have limited experience with InDesign and don't even have a copy of it here at the office that I could use to test my video files to make sure they will play in the .pdf before I send them to him.

The client said that he wanted "quicktime .mov files at 640x480 with two channels of audio", but he also needs the videos (which are generally about 4 minutes long) to have a final size of less than 10 mb - and he said that the frame rate needs to be "standard DVD rate" (which since he's in America and the original files are drop frame make me think I would keep them at 29.97 frames per second.)

Even though these seem to be very specific directions, I'd like to give him not just what he's asking for, but what really will work best for his intent. Does anyone here have more specific suggestions for the best video compression settings and/or codecs for this?

I'm using Sorenson Squeeze 6 for compression, so I have plenty of options, but there are so many flavors of quicktime, it would be nice to choose something that's very efficient and still works in the .pdfs he creates with Indesign.

Thanks for any advice.

-Tim

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: video format for .pdf?
on Jul 20, 2010 at 7:31:12 pm

H.264 seems to be the answer. Adjust data rate to achieve end results.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]