FORUMS: list search recent posts

working with images & idml docs

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greta Brenneman
working with images & idml docs
on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:07:00 pm

I'm working on a project with an astronomical amount of images. In my main office I have CS5. In my home office I have CS4. So I export the CS5 file to an idml doc to open at home. When I open it at home in CS4 all the image boxes are greyed out because the file can't find the images back on my office computer. How do I work on this file and see the images without having all the images in two places??? HELP!

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: working with images & idml docs
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:44:36 pm

You can't see the images if they are not there. You can work on the document though and when you save and re-open at work it should relink the images and be fine.
But - you must have all fonts and links on the system being used in order to see everything correctly. This is the purpose of the "package" option. It will collect all the necessary files in order to send them to a print company so that they can properly print your file. (You can also use this feature to get a reliable copy of all the needed files for use at home - but you still need to export an Interchange file for your CS4)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]