FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overprint text

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Overprint text
on May 19, 2010 at 2:00:42 pm

Sorry chaps another problem ... when I try and run a print off my ID document I get a message "There is overprint text on page 2" - what does this mean, I just have a couple of columns of text .... ? Regards Roger

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Overprint text
on May 19, 2010 at 7:57:42 pm

Does it possibly say "overset" instead? That would mean there are characters in your text frames that are not being displayed because there is too much text to fit within the frame. (It could even be line returns or other "white space characters".) I would goto the end of each frame and hold down the delete key (the one next to the "home" key) and make sure all other text it deleted.

A smarter way to go about it though is to view each frame in the "story editor"(CMD-Y). Then you can see if there is relevant text that is not being shown, before you delete it all.

I don't know why you would get an error message for overprint text. If that really is the case, post back and we'll tackle that issue in more depth.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
Re: Overprint text
on May 20, 2010 at 5:23:38 am

Typical isn't it ... I try and replicate the error this morning to check and it ran perfectly, no problem ... thank you so much for your help ... I'll keep an eye on it ... Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]