FORUMS: list search recent posts

InDesign CS3 Spell Checker Language problems…

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Saunderson
InDesign CS3 Spell Checker Language problems…
on Mar 23, 2010 at 10:07:45 am

Hi all, I’m experiencing some problems with InDesign CS3 that seem to occur universally through every document I work on.

I’m referring to the dictionary, which in /preferences is set to English (UK). The problem I encounter is that when checking through a document with the spell checker tool, it seems to default to English (USA), which causes a world of problems due to the differences in spelling. Even worse, it also reverts to French more often than not which is a nightmare as it detects that every word is spelt wrong (as the text is English and it’s being checked as French). As a designer, I need to ensure that the programs are working correctly to maintain corporate styles and consistencies on a daily basis, but this problem has forced me to check documents manually and as a result I am losing time across the board.

On top of this, when spell checking I have no option to change the language to English (UK), as the only “detected” dictionaries are English (US) and French.

I’ve googled a couple of similar sites, but mainly found tutorials on how to use the spell checker, nothing really solving my problem. Can anyone offer me a solution? Ideally, I just need the language to be set to English (UK) throughout but the preferences seem to get overridden by the dictionary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]