FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS2 - color shift when switching to High Quality Display Mode

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene Lambretta
CS2 - color shift when switching to High Quality Display Mode
on Jan 5, 2010 at 7:50:08 pm

Hello! I am desperate for help. My company has decided that I am their new graphic designer. I have no graphic design background or training and I'm going crazy here. They're needing me to design a catalog, from scratch, by the end of the week. Anyway.

I put together a few pages in Illustrator before learning that InDesign exists. I'm placing the work I've already done into my new InDesign project. Everything is fine, but then when I change the Display Quality to "high" the colors shift. I'm guessing this has something to do with RGB vs. CMYK but I just can't figure this out and I've been googling for a solution all morning with no luck because I just don't speak the language of graphic design.

So, how can I get the colors to look the way they look in Illustrator? These colors are mandated by the management of the company as "our" colors so I need them to be the same. Any help is sooo appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: CS2 - color shift when switching to High Quality Display Mode
on Feb 3, 2010 at 3:22:12 pm

You need to keep you display setting set to high (unless you get terrible performance). The other thing that is needed is to "proof colors" in the View menu or turn on Separations Preview (Window>Output>Separations Preview). Whether you like the look or not, these are the accurate colors that are going to print when you are all done. (Make sure you have the "Proof Setup" on the correct setting for your job. Options that you need to know: spot colors or process, web press or sheetfed, coated or uncoated stock. These will have the greatest effect on your preview and printed colors.)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

ps-None of my comments are meant to be gospel. Otherwise, I would write a book that provided all the cold, hard, fast answers that everyone assumes are out there. These are the things that I have found to work well with my shooting habits and workflow. Always try things out for yourself and deduce the best workflow for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]