FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange vertical line &/or unwanted hyphen in text line

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Flynn
strange vertical line &/or unwanted hyphen in text line
on Dec 17, 2009 at 8:15:13 pm

Hello, I create a newsletter using InDesign 3.0.1 - a very basic newsletter for a library. I am having a problem with one or two lines of text in a paragraph (always in the same area on the same page - page 1 of the document), where the first few words in a sentence have the normal white space between them, then all of a sudden two words are squished together with no space between and then the following few words have huge spaces between them. If I highlight the two "squished" words, there is either a single or double vertical line visible between them, about the same height as the text size. I cannot for the life of me figure out what these lines signify or why they are occurring. If I start playing around with options under the Type option on the menu, sometimes a hyphen will appear within one of the squished words. All I am trying to do is get the text line to appear normally. Does anyone know what is happening here and how I can solve it? Help would be greatly appreciated - quick help would be even better! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]