FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printers not accepting photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ralph
Printers not accepting photoshop
on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:13:36 pm

Why is it that some printers publishers can not handle photoshop artwork?

It seems to be normally smaller printshops.

Is it something to do with offset printers? color accuracy?

Peter Ralph

http://www.shootingbynumbers.com

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Printers not accepting photoshop
on Dec 7, 2009 at 1:20:15 am

I wouldn't want a photoshop file for the entire artwork. (Individual logos or photos is what photoshop would be good for.) The reason is that photoshop will rasterize the entire file. In order to get a good print the file should be 600dpi or more. (When color separated, the plates will print at 1800 - 2400 dpi!!) A full page of rasterized graphics would be a huge file!! In addition, the fonts would not be as crisp and there maybe some difficulty in trapping.

I always prefer an Indy file.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

ps-None of my comments are meant to be gospel. Otherwise, I would write a book that provided all the cold, hard, fast answers that everyone assumes are out there. These are the things that I have found to work well with my shooting habits and workflow. Always try things out for yourself and deduce the best workflow for you.

Return to posts index

anilkumar nagendran
Create buttons and collect style names
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:24:03 am

Hi,

I am new to indesign javascript. I need to collect all the style information from an indesign file and i have to display as combo box and the user should seelct the style name. The selected style names i have to list in a seperate text box and when i select okay i have to search some text and replace in the document where this selected style name paragraphs only.

This is my requirement.

Can anybody help me to do this?

Thanks in advance
Anilkumar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]