FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linked text boxes with different styles

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eythor Arnason
Linked text boxes with different styles
on Oct 30, 2009 at 1:34:11 pm

Hi

I have a problem that I can't find a solution to. I have this text that I want to flow between multiply text boxes. Each box will have it´s own style. I
I have tried to create couple of text boxes and each has it's own Paragraph Style with different font sizes. When I paste the text all the boxes get the same style as in the first box. If I try to set an new style to an box it won´t change, unless I go into the box it self and change the font or size manually and that is something I am trying to avoid. Any tips?

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
Re: Linked text boxes with different styles
on Oct 30, 2009 at 3:33:21 pm

I may be wrong, but if I understand you correctly, what you're trying to do is impossible. I'm reading that you want any text spilling over into frame 2 to take on Paragraph Style 2...automatically, (while text remaining in frame 1 retains Paragraph Style 1).

A paragraph style is applied to text bracketed by paragraph marks, and I can't find any way to affect it via a frame-break. I speculated that it might be doable by setting up separate object styles for the two frames, each of which specifies a separate respective paragraph style, but none of my experiments produced a working model.

If you find a way, please do post it back here.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]