FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mass distribute/edit Indesign Flyer

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephan Hochmann
Mass distribute/edit Indesign Flyer
on Sep 14, 2009 at 2:59:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I just finished working on a flyer project for my company, and management wants the same flyer avaialable for different branches.

The issue is management wants to have an easy way for our non-graphic designers to produce the same high quality flyer but to be able to slightly different text (e.g TUE instead of MON in font x, position x, center justification), as well as choosing and overlaying a ready-made picture from a set (into a prepared empty area on the flyer).

I'm struggling to find a solution that would allow the end user (country managers) to do all this without having InDesign or any special knowledge, using hopefully a ready-made PDF?? Would this work at all with Latex, or any programming language (I've studied C and Java so perhaps I can read up on the language and whip up something to accept input and overlay with elements (text/preset pics) on a ready made pdf.

Any Ideas?? sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't very sure where it should go.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Mass distribute/edit Indesign Flyer
on Sep 15, 2009 at 5:44:03 pm

Option 1: Make a pdf that has fillable blanks they can complete with Acrobat.

Option 2: Make a pdf that has empty boxes for the variable data. Then they can import image into Word? to type in the information they want there.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]