FORUMS: list search recent posts

publish to book - missing pixels

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kirk tabalotny
publish to book - missing pixels
on Sep 6, 2009 at 6:12:21 am

when I've published a short document to PDF as a booklet (for printers pairs), the resulting PDF has missing pixels on pages containing one specific Illustrator image. Embedding the image doesn't help. The image in the inDesign doc hasn't been resized. The original Illustrator .ai file is compiled from a tiled vector pattern. The inDesign pages affected contain ONLY this image.Everything looks fine in Illustrator & inDesign - but a small number of white pixels (same pixels missing on all pages containing this image) in the published PDF. Any ideas anyone? This has to go to printer this week.

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: publish to book - missing pixels
on Sep 18, 2009 at 3:06:38 pm

any chance there is a clipping path in the .ai file? Or what about runaround within InDesign?

You can just copy and paste the illustrator image into/onto the appropriate pages and try that. Depending on complexity, that seems to solve many weird problems that can occur with importing an Illustrator image.

Return to posts index

kirk tabalotny
Re: publish to book - missing pixels
on Sep 20, 2009 at 8:24:39 am

Onya Kelly,
nope - in AI it's a single layer tiled image (ie constructed from a vector pattern) with no clipping paths, and it's a straight placement into inDesign. When I tried republishing the PDF out of inDesign, the pattern of missing pixels resolved to what appeared to be boundary areas here the pattern tiles might be meeting each other in AI. I got around this by exporting from AI to a TIFF, then relinked the AI file with the TIFF in inDesign.
Just yet another reason to wonder why anyone would spend their life getting familiar with the arbitrary, unruly running dog that is AI....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]