FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot select parts of InDesign GUI

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Mitchell
Cannot select parts of InDesign GUI
on Aug 9, 2009 at 6:13:07 pm

Hi All,

I've just bought a new PC and installed a copy of InDesign CS4 on it. All seemed well until I started looking through some of my previous files and noticed that I was unable to select certain options, usually in the right-hand panel section.

I couldn't for example, select any paragraph styles in my documents, or character styles. Or select a colour from the swatch panel. While I could use the paragraph formatting tab to alter font sizes etc., I couldn't select anything in the paragraph styles tab. I might as well have been clicking on a screengrab of the page for all the notice that InDesign was taking.

Even if I selected "create new style" (that at least was working) I couldn't then select the new style to apply it to some text.

In page navigation at the bottom, the drop down page menu wasn't working, nor was page manification, but I could move between pages using the back/forward buttons.

Thinking this was a CS4 problem, I installed CS3 on the machine as a test. Almost exactly the same problems resulted. Other parts of the CS4 suite seem unaffected.

I'm usiing Vista Home Premiun 64 bit as my OS.

I'm wondering if the problem is due to lack of Java or Javascript support somewhere on my PC? Is the InDesign GUI HTML based? Could something bizarre like an Ad Blocker be affecting it, or some other anti-malware option?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]