FORUMS: list search recent posts

508 compliance problems - need help today!

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Bailey
508 compliance problems - need help today!
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:57:26 pm

I'm working on a large book in InDesign (CS3) with five separate chapters, two 11 x 17 foldout pages, and lots of graphics. This book has been printed but the job also requires a 508 compliant PDF to be posted online. The client wants the table of contents to be clickable in the PDF. So I did the 508 compliance in each chapter, made the PDF and ran a check in Acrobat, and the report says that none of the graphics have alternate text. They DO have it, it's just not showing up for some reason. Thinking I could fix that later I went ahead and added links in the TOC so when you click on them they open up the correct page, then inserted the two 11 x 17 foldout pages into the PDF (they're in the middle of a chapter and a different size than the rest of the chapter so I created them separately). Then I ran a check again and now it's giving me all kinds of errors. The clickable links in the TOC are a problem, apparently, and the two foldout pages (which included PDFs of maps placed in the InDesign document) have tons of errors because apparently those pages are made up of a bunch of little sections? Ok so I changed the map PDFs into JPGs and redid the whole thing and that fixed part of it but now the auto-reader thing in Acrobat doesn't see those at all, and it says the text on that page is inaccessible for some unknown reason. I have tried everything I know and can't figure out how to fix these errors. I'm sure none of this makes sense - what I really need is for someone to look at the PDF and tell me how to fix it. This thing is due TOMORROW at the very latest so I really need help NOW, if at all possible.

Thanks very much!
Beth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]