FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot draw lines w/ Pen Tool

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jocelyn Robancho
Cannot draw lines w/ Pen Tool
on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:00:51 pm

I know use of the Pen Tool is very basic, however, I am new to Indesign and learning to operate it via online tutorials.

When the Pen Tool has a (-) by it, you can delete a point on an existing line, and when the Pen Tool has a (+) by it, you can add a point to an existing line.

After trying out the (-) and (+), I could not get the Pen Tool to go back to its original setting where it has neither the (-) or (+) sign.

I have tried closing the program and restarting my computer, but when I open Indesign, the Pen Tool still does not work. I want to be able to draw lines with the Pen Tool again, how do I fix this?

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Cannot draw lines w/ Pen Tool
on Aug 8, 2009 at 1:29:49 pm

Try pressing the letter "p" on your keyboard.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Carol Wright
Re: Cannot draw lines w/ Pen Tool
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:36:04 pm

had this problem. An new to Indesign Pen tool...after all these years of avoiding it, and was drawing simple map for driving directions. Then it would not work AT ALL...for new lines. I could however select and continue to work on the existing line... modify it. But could not add to it outside the existing line.

Pressing P got it to work again...quick test and drew a rough shape.. Whew. Yep Now I can complete the shape...filled it with color. Whew.

I was ready to reload the program. Toggling P does not seem to DE activate the Pen tool. Any idea how this got deactivated in the first place?? Being up near the - = keys imagined I hit P by mistake, but ???

Very grateful for this thread. Whew...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]