FORUMS: list search recent posts

Book/Magazine Setup

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aimee zavala
Book/Magazine Setup
on Jul 7, 2009 at 6:22:58 pm

Hi

How would I setup a multiple-page InDesign document like a book or a magazine so that when I send it to the local printer (on 11 x 17 paper), the page numbers are in order? I have been having a hard time figuring this out because I have been designing as layout spreads so that I can see the actual pages side by side.

Is there a way to do this without "make a book by hand. Take some paper and fold the book. after doing that, put the page numbers on the book. This is your template." - which is the advice I got from another forum. I just want to double check and see if there are any other options as I will need to add pages and take away pages throughout the process and making a mock-up hard copy will not work for what I am doing as - I am unsure of the final page count.

Aimee

Return to posts index

James Dvorak
Re: Book/Magazine Setup
on Jul 9, 2009 at 4:09:39 pm

Why are you sending it the printer on paper, why not just export it to pdf and give it them that way. At least then it would stay in order for you. I'm not great at using indesign myself, but I've used it a little bit for multi page brochures and booklets, and I usually just send the pdf and all ends up good.

Thanks,
James Dvorak

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]