FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I centre align text in a box in CS4?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clair Boston
How do I centre align text in a box in CS4?
on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:35:51 pm

Hello, I may possibly be going crazy, but I cannot for the life of me find the button to let me either top, centre or bottom align or justify vertically text in a text box. It is not where it used to be!

There is still an option to do it for tables, but not for normal text boxes. Where is it hidden? Surely they haven't gotten rid of this really useful tool!

Thanks!

ceeb

Return to posts index

Bongani Moyo
Re: How do I centre align text in a box in CS4?
on Jun 22, 2009 at 6:31:13 pm

1) Select your textbox, then go to object (drop down menu ~ select text frame options)
• you have a dialog box
2) go to Align and select center

Click ok and you done

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Emily Guman
on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:17:19 pm

I am having a similar issue. I just made the jump to CS4 form CS3. In CS3 there were buttons in the toolbar to align the text to either the top, center, or bottom of the text box. This was so quick and convenient. Is there anyway to bring these buttons back to the toolbar in CS4? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Clair Boston
on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:39:54 am

Hi Emily,

I found the answer at the Adobe Help forums. Try here and read all the comments at the bottom for more information http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/6.0/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb....

If you have any further questions, I would suggest posting a message on the Adobe forums as they seem to be quicker in responding.

:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]