FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML to InDesign help

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Martin
XML to InDesign help
on May 23, 2009 at 6:29:38 am

I'm trying to set up an automatic import of XML to Indesign. It's a long price list of products. But so far I'm trying with a very short sample to see the result and I'm not getting the desired result.

I'd like to know what to do in Indesign in my case in order to place the data properly, or if you see my XML structure is not the ideal XML document for Indesign (it has attributes besides tags), you could help me optimize it.

Here's two screenshots I've made which exemplify my case:

Observe that the three bottommost tags (product, our_price, retail_price) go on the same line and I separated them with tabs.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Eric Mullen
Re: XML to InDesign help
on May 23, 2009 at 6:11:57 pm

I have been fighting the XML to InDesign battle myself. Our companies CMS spits out XML code with bits of HTML.

I'm not really sure what your question really was. Is the InDesign screenshot your desired look? Did you start with a clean slate, building the tags and structure before you imported any XML? Have you made matching styles for every tag?

Unfortunately if you are looking to make every line of XML code you get do something in Indesign be prepared to start learning a scripting language.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]