FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opacity

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Burk
Opacity
on Apr 30, 2009 at 4:21:20 pm

Here is my InDesign CS3 problem and what I've tried so far:

I have a 2 page spread containing photos, text, and shapes. I want to make the shapes opaque, but I can't do this without making the whole spread opaque (the photos and text go opaque as well). I've tried putting objects in different layers, putting objects in frames, locking everything, bringing in the opaque object from both Illustrator and Photoshop. I've also tried updating the program version (which is now 5.0.4), and opening up new documents to try it on. None of this has worked. If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, I would really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Kate Burk
Re: Opacity
on May 6, 2009 at 8:42:24 pm

After much trial and error, I think I've found the solution to my problem. I've found that you can't do opacity of an object on top of a grayscale jpeg. You can convert it to a grayscale PDF, TIFF, etc, but grayscale jpegs don't work.

Return to posts index

Jen Parker
on Aug 18, 2009 at 12:31:08 pm

Hi Kate,

I have been having the same problem with InDesign CS3 but I have no idea how to fix it - unlike you I have NO images on my page, just several frames with fills of different colours, some with text, etc. If I select one frame and change the opacity everything else changes too! Even when I select "isolate blending" or "knockout group".... complete nightmare...

If anyone can help I will be so grateful!!!!

Jen

Return to posts index

Lisa DiLeo
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:19:38 pm

Wondering if anyone found a solution to this issue, I too am having the same problem with Indesign CS4. I tried moving the object to a different spread, reset all of my preferences, tried a new document. Each time I try to change the opacity of one object it changes my photos as well.

Return to posts index

Mayanti Gunawardena
on May 23, 2012 at 6:41:24 am

Check this for anyone still having this issue..http://forums.adobe.com/message/3423310

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]