FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add file information when exporting to pdf

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Pineau
Add file information when exporting to pdf
on Mar 31, 2009 at 6:06:17 pm

Hi

My client wants to have information about a file included in the pdf (outside of the crop area). For example they want to include Publication, insertion date, Author, file name, etc. I can add this information in "file Info" in Indesign but I don't know how to add it to the pdf. I only send them the pdf and don't want to have to add the information manually to the pdf.

I realize the file information prints at the bottom of the pdf with the file name and date but I want to include more specific information than this. I am using InDesign CS 3.0.1 and Adobe Reader 8.1.2 (with plans to upgrade soon!). Thanks

Lisa

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Add file information when exporting to pdf
on Apr 1, 2009 at 8:50:04 pm

You talk about two different things, so I'll deal with both one at a time.
1. Text information on the page, but outside the printable area. Add a bleed to the bottom of the file, maybe 2". Type your information in there.
2. Metadata attached to the file. The info you add to the Indy file's info is included in the pdf. If you need more information added, you can add it to the pdf file. If the information is the same each time, or similar enough that you can make some "templates" that hold the information, you can make a .xmp file(s) in which you import the metadata into the pdf file through Acrobat. (File>Properties>Additional Metadata>Advanced>Append)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]