Showing InDesign content in Outlook message

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynn Ireland
Showing InDesign content in Outlook message
on Mar 25, 2009 at 1:16:14 pm

Hi

I'm new to InDesign (used it for the first time this morning!) and
I've been asked to create an eNewsletter to be sent around the company via Outlook.

I've mocked up a layout and basic content in InDesign, but now can't find a way to get it to display correctly in Outlook.

The document will contain links so I can't have it display as a jpeg or similar.

I've tried exporting as xml and html but these lose all of the formatting.

Ideally I want the document to display in the email (as a normal html doc would), rather than have users click to open an attachment.

Is this possible?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Showing InDesign content in Outlook message
on Mar 25, 2009 at 6:06:36 pm

InDesign can make an excellent pdf of your layout. This will probably require your recipients to click an attachment though. I think only HTML will be rendered within the message body of Outlook. InDesign doesn't make all that great of HTML, as you have already found out.

The solutions are not pretty. Either create a pdf that must be clicked or start over with a HTML program (GoLive, DreamWeaver, etc...)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Lynn Ireland
Re: Showing InDesign content in Outlook message
on Mar 26, 2009 at 8:37:00 am

Terry thanks for the advice.

I feared that this would be the case. There is still a possibility that a clickable pdf will be acceptable, so I'll have to hope that's the way the final deployment decision goes!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]