FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tagged text imports with overrides

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathe Todd
Tagged text imports with overrides
on Mar 17, 2009 at 8:58:40 pm

Just lately I started getting an odd problem. I used to have no trouble bringing in simple tagged text with the header and a few paragraphs tagged with tags (with the same names as styles in my documents). Now when I drop one of these in my document they come in with the paragraphs tagged for the styles, but loaded with overrides like a different font, different size, and red color. I have to select every single paragraph and re-apply the paragraph style, clearing overrides. Even selecting some regularly formatted text in the document, exporting it to ID Tagged Text (thereby exporting the actual definitions along with the styles) and then loading that file back into the same document I just got it from, it comes in with all that cockeyed formatting and complaints about "missing fonts" that were not asked for in the first place. If I load that same tagged text file into a new document that does not have those styles, the style definitions apply and the text looks fine. What's going on here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]