FORUMS: list search recent posts

rebuild INDD file

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Johnson
rebuild INDD file
on Mar 17, 2009 at 6:30:46 pm

Hi there,

Not super up on InDesign but I'm helping out a guy with a project to get a few extra bucks but he keeps sending me files with fonts that don't seem to work.

I asked him if there was something special I needed to do and he said "open the suitcases in font book and rebuild" and while that makes perfect sense, ie 'install the font' - when I uncompressed the zip he gave me, ( which had the INDD file, an INX file and two folders with Fonts in them)all the font files were listed as "executable files" and I couldn't do anything to use them.

Am I missing something? Or is the zip he sent over probably messed up?

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: rebuild INDD file
on Mar 17, 2009 at 7:01:00 pm

right click on one of the fonts and look at the file size in the info. I bet it says zero bytes. That would be corrupt fonts. He should be packaging the file and zipping it before he does anything else to it (copy, burn a disc, email, etc....)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas Johnson
on Mar 17, 2009 at 7:20:14 pm

yup - zero bytes.

good call Terry.

Thanks for the confirmation - I just figured, being a little bit unsure of InDesign, if it was something I wasn't getting

Return to posts index

Nicholas Johnson
on Mar 17, 2009 at 11:28:51 pm

hmmm here's a wrench in the whole deal: another designer ,who was CC'd on the same email, said she could install the fonts fine....mine are still zero bytes...no matter which computer I extract them onto - FROM THE SAME EMAIL

crazy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]