FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suddently missing font - HELP

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Risager
Suddently missing font - HELP
on Mar 17, 2009 at 5:45:35 pm

For the layout of a magazine, I regularly use "Arial Narrow" (regular, italic and bold).

Now, however, InDesign doesn't recognize that the font exists. Neither do the other Adobe applications. When I go to Type>Find Font..., Arial Narrow isn't even listed. I can select "narrow" for the normal Arial. But it doesn't look quite the same and can't turn italic or bold.

I have tried to reinstall Adobe CS3 and the fonts - but nothing seems to work, which is why I desperately ask:

Does anyone have an idea how to make InDesign recognize "Arial Narrow"?

Or an idea of what might have happened?

Any suggestions welcome!

Kim Risager

Return to posts index

Richard Schafer
Re: Suddently missing font - HELP
on Mar 18, 2009 at 5:34:39 am

Do you have the latest Microsoft Office 2007 installed on your computer?

In their infinite wisdom, M$ installs with Office 2007 a new version of Ariel Narrow with modified headers that Adobe applications do not recognize...

What I did was find that font group on a computer that did not have Office 2007 applications and copied it to the InDesign Fonts folder which, on a windows machine is located at:

C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe InDesign CS3Fonts

Now I once again have Ariel Narrow available in InDesign (I think certain other typefaces are similarly affected)

R.

Richard in Rochester

Return to posts index

Bob Johnson
Re: Suddently missing font - HELP
on Jul 27, 2009 at 10:03:26 pm

Adobe InDesign CS4 worked fine on my older computer; just one font missing, not a big deal. Well, on my new computer it can't find any fonts!

I tried online for some help and followed the bogus instructions; nothing.

Adobe must know about this, do they care? I'll buy the fonts; I just need to get back to productive work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]