FORUMS: list search recent posts

InDesign Troubles

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Shaw
InDesign Troubles
on Feb 4, 2009 at 8:27:09 pm

I currently have InDesign CS (Version 3.0) on my computer. In one of my classes at school we are working with CS3. I tried to open a document from school onto my home computer, but it said that it could not open the CS3 document onto the CS version. Is there a way around this? I looked this up and saw information about plug ins, but was really confused. Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: InDesign Troubles
on Feb 12, 2009 at 7:10:08 pm

[Joe Shaw] "at school we are working with CS3. I tried to open a document from school onto my home computer, but it said that it could not open the CS3 document onto the CS version. Is there a way around this?"

I have never found a way to open a CS3 file in the earlier CS version of InDesign.

I think what you are referring to with plug-ins, etc., is that as versions grow and change, often the plug-in technologies and hooks that were used to facilitate certain techniques will change with time, making the plug-ins incompatible.

Someone else may have better news but I have never found a way that works well enough to use.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]