FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interactive Button (Layer) issue/conflict CS3

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic DeLello
Interactive Button (Layer) issue/conflict CS3
on Jan 28, 2009 at 12:17:55 am

I am trying to create what's considered a disjointed rollover image gallery from InDesign to PDF (Interactive Elements).

The basis of my file is this:
- 1 main image area, with white fill, button named: BLANK_STATIC
- 1 thumbnail button named : THUMBNAIL
- 1 image (underneath BLANK_STATIC) named: IMAGE_1

The button behaviors are applied to THUMBNAIL
- Mouse Enter: Hide BLANK_STATIC, Show IMAGE_1
- Mouse Exit: Hide IMAGE_1, Show BLANK_STATIC

Export to PDF, preserve Interactive elements... works 'perfectly'

----------------------------
Now i tell myself "okay, i'm ready to proceed in making more thumbnails and this should apply to all other elements"

The basis of my file is this:
- 1 main image area, with white fill, button named: BLANK_STATIC
- 1 thumbnail button named : THUMBNAIL
- 1 image (underneath BLANK_STATIC) named: IMAGE_1
- 1 thumbnail buttoned named: THUMBNAIL_2
- 1 image (in between layers BLANK_STATIC and IMAGE_1) named: IMAGE_2

I check all my behaviors to make sure everything is shown and hidden given it's proper state.... that's not my problem

what's happening is, regardless if i have BLANK_STATIC always turned on, and the very top arranged layer (or a forced separate top layer), IMAGE_2 Layer will appear right on top... if i move the IMAGE_2 Layer to the very bottom... when i create the PDF, it STILL forces IMAGE_2 layer to the top..

the actual functionality will take place once i start to roll over the items, items will hide/reveal themselves given the proper instances, however on initial load of the file, i'm having a layering conflict/issue.

Can someone help?

UPDATE: what i also found is, if the last object is created, it will always be arranged to top REGARDLESS of what layer it's on.

I did another test, where i created a quick box converted it to button, but it on the very bottom layer, export to PDF...bam... it's on the very top layer.

This is incredibly annoying, since the rules of layering do not apply, I was wondering how I could alter the hierarchy here. anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]