FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is InDesign for me?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Is InDesign for me?
on Jan 1, 2009 at 5:32:58 pm

I won a wonderful raffle (thank you Adobe) and have the choice of CS4 Design Premium, Web Premium, or Production Premium.

I already have CS3 Production Premium (Mac), which I can upgrade on my own for $600. So, in order to add InDesign and Acrobat, I'm thinking of choosing Design Premium. (The only advantage to Web Premium that I can see is getting Contribute, which doesn't really seem that helpful to me and would be fairly cheap to buy if I did need it.)

I'd appreciate your opinion as to whether InDesign is going to be useful. I mainly shoot and edit, but am looking to increase my ability to create interactive websites. I have a basic facility with Dreamweaver/Fireworks and less with Access (for website database fetches).

For print, the only design work I do is DVD packaging.

Is InDesign a useful tool for web design, or is it just another piece of software I would not use much?

Thanks!

Bob Cole

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Is InDesign for me?
on Jan 20, 2009 at 3:37:03 pm

Indy would be useful for your DVD packaging. Not really a great tool for web page creation though. Dreamweaver would be much more appropriate for web. (Just like Premiere can make a DVD, a dedicated DVD authoring program would be much better.)
If I were in your shoes, I would just grab a copy and then sell it. (or get the production suite, and sell your CS3 version)

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]