FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the Background in InDesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carly Deyton
Changing the Background in InDesign
on Dec 10, 2008 at 8:14:27 pm

Okay, I'm going to sound like such a novice or whatever, but I worked for the longest time in pagemaker, and then I didn't need to do professional page layout design for about 4 years, and now I'm trying to work in Indesign (CS3). I'm trying to change the background color to black, so I just created rectangle with a black fill in it to make the background and then I created the rest of my document on top of that. So it looked good in indesign, but the whole purpose of this document was to create a PDF out of it, but when I convert it to a PDF, the resulting presentation had a background of more of a dark umber color instead of black, I mean I kind of like the color, but still, am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Changing the Background in InDesign
on Dec 23, 2008 at 8:13:32 am

So the doucment is black in InDesign but when you make a PDF it turns to another color. This is likely a color management problem.

Try edit >> Color Settings >> settings: emulate Indesign 2 OFF

Then make a new PDF

We may need to look at the color you are using, is ti CMYK? And we may also have to look at what PDF export settings you are using.

Return to posts index

Carly Deyton
Re: Changing the Background in InDesign
on Dec 24, 2008 at 5:50:32 pm

I think I figured it out. I had it set to CMYK and then I changed it to RGB, and I think that solved the problem. THank you so much though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]