FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is that box!?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Isla
What is that box!?
on Nov 12, 2008 at 5:35:42 pm

Hello!

Can someone please tell me what that lightly outlined box is? It's not a bounding box for text wraparounds... I've checked that.

The lightly outlined box stays the same size when I resize the greenbox. It also disappears when I use the scale tool. The other way to get rid of it is to just re-draw the box altogether.

I would like to know what it is a how to properly get rid of it in case I see it again down the road. Knowing what it is can be beneficial.

Thanks in advance!
A.

Return to posts index

Erica Gamet
Re: What is that box!?
on Nov 16, 2008 at 5:54:10 pm

It's hard to tell without the files, but it looks like the green rectangle is actually a filled table cell...is it? If so, the mystery frame is the table's text frame...table elements can extend outside the frame to the right, if needed. To try it, select the green square with the Selection tool and go to the Object menu and choose Fitting --> Fit frame to content. You could further check that it's a text frame by pulling the center bottom handle downward to see if you get the little inflow and outflow boxes at the upper left and lower right.

Hope that helps!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

Angelo Isla
on Nov 17, 2008 at 4:26:13 pm

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your reply...

I've tried your suggestions but they didn't work. Do you want to see the inDesign file to see if you can figure it out? I've attached the link.

File: Weird Box - InDesign

It's not that important but I would like to know for future reference.

Thanks again,
A.

Return to posts index

Erica Gamet
on Nov 17, 2008 at 4:43:46 pm

The file is coming out as all its source code...is it emailable? You can send it to my email at learn@digi-wizard.com (don't forget the hyphen) and I can take a look at it...figure out the mystery!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]