FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invisible Dividers in InDesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Grover
Invisible Dividers in InDesign
on Oct 21, 2008 at 12:58:45 am

Hi everyone. I'm designing in InDesign CS3 for PC. I normally design in illustrator, which explains my extreme ignorance of InDesign. Using it makes me feel like I'm trying to make a sculpture with boxing gloves on.
I'm working on an existing file a client sent me and there are these dashes that form dividers between paragraphs. I can't select them, though they're definitely part of this text, they're like some horrible elusive rule or something.

I need to add a paragraph which means copying the stupid divider thing, but whenever I start a new paragraph, or even copy and paste the ones which the divider, the divider won't copy below a certain line. It's driving me crazy, someone please help!!!

Return to posts index

Erica Gamet
Re: Invisible Dividers in InDesign
on Nov 16, 2008 at 5:36:22 pm

I'm probably too late to help you, but it sounds like you have a paragraph rule on (rule above or rule below)...put your cursor in one of the affected paragraphs, and go to the paragraph panel and choose paragraph rules. Check the pull down menu for rule above and rule below and see if either is checked. If you want the rule to occur after every paragraph, then you should build a paragraph style and build the rule into it. Hope that helps!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]