FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropdown Behavior in ID2

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Smith
Dropdown Behavior in ID2
on Aug 29, 2008 at 6:52:05 pm

All of a sudden, the "Help" dropdown menu in my Mac CS2 Indesign has gone insane.

Each time I click into the document from any other point - a palate, window or desktop -- the Help dropdown activates. I have to click on the document to make it disappear, but it always comes back. It's killing my productivity.

I've trashed ID prefs, deleted various caches, and checked over my preferences with a fine-toothed cursor, but nothing seems to stop this behavior.

I've also noticed that the same thing happens in the other CS2 apps, however, I don't know where a preference file for the whole suite might be.

Anyone have a similar experience, or am I going to be reduced to nuking CS2 and re-installing to get rid of this annoying behavior?

gary

Return to posts index

Erica Gamet
Re: Dropdown Behavior in ID2
on Sep 11, 2008 at 5:31:37 pm

Are you on a Mac? If so, you might want to Repair Permissions (Applications-->Utilities-->Disk Utility and click the HD name and Repair Permissions)...a good idea every once in a while and definitely when things start acting wonky. If you're on a PC, not sure if there is an equivalent sort of task.

Good luck!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

Gary Smith
Re: Dropdown Behavior in ID2
on Sep 11, 2008 at 5:47:37 pm

Thanks Erica. After much knashing of teeth and banging of the keyboard, including permission repair, I discovered the problem.

I use something called MasterMenu to allow me to assign keyboard commands to functions and have those commands appear in the dropdown box. I recently upgraded, and that upgrade caused the problem. When I turned off MasterMenu, ID works just fine. I'm waiting for a response from the publisher on this issue, but in the meantime, I'm just using ID's built-in custom keyboard shortcut function.

Thanks for the reply!

gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]