FORUMS: list search recent posts

Revising Master Page & Applying to All?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martrese White
Revising Master Page & Applying to All?
on Aug 19, 2008 at 7:48:10 pm

Sorry if this is a rudimentary question, but InDesign is not my strong suit. I'm updating an existing document that has a master page applied to all pages. I need to revise that master page to say a different date (ie. Fall 2008 rather than Spring 2008) and have that change in all the pages to which it's applied. How do I do that? When I change the master page to say "Fall 2008" and drag it onto one of the existing pages, it then has TWO sets of text boxes and it's obviously counter-productive to do this since I'd have to go into every page and delete the "Spring 2008" boxes. Is there a one-step way to do this?

Return to posts index

Erica Gamet
Re: Revising Master Page & Applying to All?
on Sep 10, 2008 at 11:08:52 pm

If the text frame is on the Master Page, then by updating it on the Master, it will update all document pages based on that master. However, if it's not doing that, I would guess that the text frame might have been "pulled off" the Master page by overriding the Master page item. So, on the document page, can you click to select the text frame in question? If so, that means it's been overridden (by Command-Shift-clicking or Ctrl-Shift-clicking on a PC). To re-attach it to the Master page, select the text frame on the document page and choose "Remove Selected Local Overrides" from the Pages panel flyout menu. Just FYI, if you reapply a Master page to a document page, you shouldn't get duplicates of the items...unless they've been overridden, as shown...so you're doing it right...though if you make a change on the Master, there's no need to re-apply...the changes are instant.

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]