FORUMS: list search recent posts

InDesign CS printer spreads

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly Ralphs
InDesign CS printer spreads
on Aug 13, 2008 at 10:50:42 pm

I am creating a small brochure for my work in InDesign CS on a Mac which uses OS X and can't figure out how to order the pages correctly. From the forums that I have searched so far, I understand that CS does not have a feature that will automatically impose the pages. However, I can't figure out how to do it manually either. I designed the booklet in spreads (8 pages total) and every spread has a graphic that stretches across part of both pages, so I can't simply rearrange the pages because the graphic only stays with one of the pages.

I have tried different settings in the print dialog box, but haven't been able to get anything to work. I tried to do multiple pages per sheet (what I want in the end is 2 pages per sheet of 11x17 so the finished size is 8 1/2 x 11) and I can get it to print in the right order, but for some reason it only prints part of the pages (sometimes it shows parts of both pages, sometimes it shows only part of one page). I have been experimenting with printing to a pdf to save paper and I don't know if it makes any difference that I'm not printing to an actual printer.

Many of the forums that I've read so far say to leave it in reader spreads and let the printer do the imposition, but we will be printing these brochures in our office on a regular office printer.

If anyone knows how I can get it to print in the right order or how to cut the graphics so I can reorder the pages in the document itself, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kimberly

Return to posts index

Kelly Totaro
Re: InDesign CS printer spreads
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:25:37 am

Have you tried the Print Booklet under File dropdown menu? If you do a search in soem of the forums for "2-up" and "consecutive" you will have some good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]