FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mass link updating

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Brown
Mass link updating
on Aug 8, 2008 at 6:43:43 pm

My company has changed their logo. No big deal to them of course, but to me it's huge. I have a 300 page book, one of our biggest marketing tools that I have to put this logo on. Not to mention the brochures and other marketing projects I have done for them.

Is there a way that I can update this on all the pages as a group? Is there a setting to make Indesign always automatically fix links, or will I have to open each page and fix it page by page?

I'm using Indesign CS3.

...please help.

---
A person is getting along the road to wisdom when they begin to realize that their opinion is just another opinion.

Return to posts index

Brian Brown
Re: Mass link updating
on Aug 8, 2008 at 7:28:44 pm

I realized further info was needed about this project.

It was created one page at a time over about 4 years, and each page is a separate .indd file. That's why I'm asking if there's a better way than relinking it on each page, 1 by 1.

Thanks in advance.

---
A person is getting along the road to wisdom when they begin to realize that their opinion is just another opinion.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Aug 13, 2008 at 12:52:57 pm

You should save your new logo with the same filename and location as the original.

As you open InDesign files with the logo, you will be asked whether you wish to update the link automaticaly, say yes.

Now if your new logo has a different size than the original it should scale to match the original logo size. If you do not wish this to happen, then go to
edit >> preferences >> file handling >> (uncheck: relink preserves dimensions)

Return to posts index

Brian Brown
on Aug 18, 2008 at 10:42:09 pm

Thanks Mike! It's been a pain, but I think I have finally finished. In the future I think I will try to set it up as a single multi-page document. I didn't really understand master pages, but after some research I think I may have a handle on it. Seems like it'd be a lot easier that way...

---

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]