FORUMS: list search recent posts

easier PS to ID...

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rusty Bridges
easier PS to ID...
on Jul 29, 2008 at 10:41:42 am

I find it easier to work in photoshop. If i get my page layout done in PS (text, graphics etc) and then import into Indesgin as a full page tiff. image and just fill up the pages of my book, i work much faster.
If i do this, this way, can i still take the project once it needs printing and get optimized results?
The reason i want to use indesign is just for printing reasons, i'd rather do all the text, graphic work in PS...
Any opinions?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: easier PS to ID...
on Aug 4, 2008 at 5:16:06 pm

I love working in Photoshop and use that wehn designing web pages rather than Dreamweaver.

If you are more comfortable doing entire layouts in PS and then just using InDesign for output, keep going that way unless someone else has a problem with htis (eg: your print vendor)

I personally like the drop shadows better in Photoshop and all the Object Effects as they seem faster and more accurate on the preview.

I do think InDsign has much more advanced typesetting options so would try to lean more towards setting your type in inDesign. But if you are only doing headlines, and they are more graphic in nature (eg: distressed effects) then stick with Photoshop. If you have large ammounts of copy or need (spellcheck, textwrap, hyphenation, justification, tables, glyph panel) then maybe try using InDesign.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]