FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large InDesign Files

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominick Santise
Large InDesign Files
on Jul 28, 2008 at 8:59:55 pm

I have an InDesign file that is 104MB large. IT was 32 pages, a large picture on each page, sometimes multiple images. I have to resend one page, and have decided to remove all the others. The one page is pure text on an Indesign colored background. I resaved the one page file and it is still 104 MB. Can anyone shed some light on this? NOt sure why it is retaining he info.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Large InDesign Files
on Aug 4, 2008 at 5:06:27 pm

Your 1 page should not still be 104mb after taking our 31 pages with images.

My only significant disapointment with InDesign is the large file sizes, so I am curious what the solution to your problem will be.

1)Delete any master pages you do not need
2)Make sure you used SAVE AS rather than SAVE. It makes a difference and is comparible to MS Word doing fast save.
3)When you SAVE AS UNCHECK "Always Save Overiew Images with Socuments"
4)Check your layers palette to see if you have any layers with visibility turned to off
5) You can try removing and unused character/obhect/table styles. The size should decrease only very slightly fomr this, btu in your case there is a small chance it might clear up something corrupted.

Return to posts index

Dominick Santise
Re: Large InDesign Files
on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:06:36 am

Thanks Mike,

I was able to find an old post after I sent out the question and it alluded to the "Always Save Preview..." option as being the culprit, which I tried and was able to get the file down to a few hundred kbs. All the other advise made sense, and I had checked most of it prior to posting.

THanks,
Dominick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]