FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paragraph styles

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cassidy
Paragraph styles
on Jul 23, 2008 at 10:57:53 pm

Problem with Paragraph styles. We are a magazine. I have set up Paragraph styles to allow me to quickly format type for the various elements; i.e., captions, body text, headlines and the like. Lately, when I “place” type into a text box, it comes in in a “quote” style, which means I have to re-format it every time. Not a big problem, but how could I “choose” to have the type as, say, body type (which is what I want 80% of the time)?
I am using InDesign C3, on an iMac, running system 10.4.

thanks
Mike.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Paragraph styles
on Aug 4, 2008 at 4:51:45 pm

With NO document open, edit your [Basic Paragraph} paragraph style to what you want your default text to be when you type new text in InDesign.

Now when placing text do a command D,
then check the box for show import options,
then choose the radio button Remove style
enable the checkbox Preserve Local Overrides

If you still have some different sizes/bold italic you need to get rid of option click on the [basic paragraph]+ style to get rid of the + and the mixed overrides.

Return to posts index

Mike Moqu
Re: Paragraph styles
on Oct 2, 2008 at 3:58:09 am

Mike 1 is spot on. :)
where I work we have found that because we do not use consistent styles that we have a default setup as suggested, however because we mainly focus on display advertisements we use a tool called indemand which records a paragraph and its variations then creates a style modal for us. This works out better for us because we can paste the text from one document from another without the text inheriting the styling from the new document. we got indemand from http://www.mymacmac.com but there are other style modal apps on tucows.com also.
I personally just build a style modal that is plain Helvetica PS so I can be sure to remove all bad font attributes such as "courier" from imported text from our reps!

cheers

Mike M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]