FORUMS: list search recent posts

Last line of a paragraph spaced oddly

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Barbour
Last line of a paragraph spaced oddly
on Jul 21, 2008 at 11:33:54 pm

This has happened far too often for it to be just me! (and with multiple versions of InDesign on different computers, etc).

Sometimes the last line of a paragraph will have the slightest extra spacing above it. Sometimes I can do a forced line break above it and that will get rid of it (although not really fixing it), other times it just won't go away. I've checked spaces before, after, everything!

It only ever shows up on the last line! It's so slight, I keep trying to convince myself I'm imagining it, but it is there! Anyone else had this happen?

Return to posts index

Tim Cole
Re: Last line of a paragraph spaced oddly
on Jul 22, 2008 at 12:28:13 am

Liz, what you've probably got is a carriage return or a space character at the end of a para that has a larger leading applied than the rest of the para.

If you click to select the entire paragraph, check the leading field on the control palette. If it's empty, then that means you've got mixed leading values in the para. Just reapply your desired leading value, and that should fix it.

Also, you can also modify ID's prefs so that leading is always applied to the entire paragraph...this will help prevent a variation in the last line.

Return to posts index

Liz Barbour
Re: Last line of a paragraph spaced oddly
on Jul 22, 2008 at 6:08:12 pm

You know, you were exactly right - the leading on the carriage return was 1 point higher.

Since I have a paragraph style applied to the whole section, I didn't think it possible to have the carriage return have it's own thing going on. Nor did that line show the "+" sign indicating that there were overrides to the style.

This is something that has driven me crazy forever! I can't believe I didn't figure it out. THANK YOU.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]