FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reflowing text using different styles

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Farnell
Reflowing text using different styles
on Jul 20, 2008 at 10:55:01 am

Hello everyone,

I have a layout where the first page of each chapter is reversed out of black, with subsequent pages being black-on-white.

I am trying to reflow the text from the first page, onto the subsequent pages. However, the text color on the first page needs to be white, and on the subsequent pages it needs to be black.

It doesn't seem possible to apply a different font color to the subsequent text blocks - the option is disabled. How would you approach this?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share.

Paul.

Return to posts index

Mike Moqu
Re: Reflowing text using different styles
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:14:15 am

Paul,
I am not entirely sure I understand the plan, but it sounds like you have linked text boxes throughout your document of which you occasionally have a reversed page for the start of 'chapter'?

If you know how many pages you have in each chapter you can always use http://www.mymacmac.com/InDemand/InDemand.html which you don't need to link the text boxes on each page, as long as there are not more than 20 paragraphs per section. Or just collect the text into files as pages/chapters and have indemand place those.
If you just use indesign you could try XML tagging as Chapter page1 for each chapter but that will require you to tag each chapter page 1 manually.
Have not had a lot of experience with XML sorry.

best of luck
Mike M

Return to posts index

Hayri Yanik
Indesign Using Data Merge...
on Apr 19, 2009 at 5:44:21 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]