FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with exporting to PDF

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukic He
Help with exporting to PDF
on Jul 10, 2008 at 7:14:11 am

I need some help. I have problems exporting my indesign file tot PDF. The next problems occur.

1. Text gets randomly bold when I go printing (I get slightly better results with another printer). Textype is Myriad pro.
2. Some pages have a stroked box around them, others have not (as it should be).
3. On a page with a grey background and a fex pictures on them I get two random boxes with darker gray.

I want PDF to export just what I see in Indesign. Why is something that should be so easy, so difficult. I am working for days to fix all this. Trief numerous different PDF export settings (unemebdded the fonts, etc.).

Please help!

Return to posts index

Tim Cole
Re: Help with exporting to PDF
on Jul 10, 2008 at 10:12:20 pm

Does this file have transparency? What version of PDF are you saving to? Where do the stroked boxes appear? In print, on screen?

Return to posts index

Mike Moqu
Re: Help with exporting to PDF
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:24:43 am

1. make sure you have Postscript fonts.
2. check you embed the fonts
3. check flattening and transparency settings on the objects that do not work as expected - you do not want RGB and CMYK objects to overlap or be used in the same document (use CMYK) - drop shadow requires high resolution flattening to be applied.
4. export as eps and distill in distiller - best way to ensure everything will work.

fast export with InExport free from apple downloads page (Apple only), try java script from the java dev website - they offer a wide range of scripts (if you are familiar with java).

cheers

mike m

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]