I need some help. I have problems exporting my indesign file tot PDF. The next problems occur.
1. Text gets randomly bold when I go printing (I get slightly better results with another printer). Textype is Myriad pro.
2. Some pages have a stroked box around them, others have not (as it should be).
3. On a page with a grey background and a fex pictures on them I get two random boxes with darker gray.
I want PDF to export just what I see in Indesign. Why is something that should be so easy, so difficult. I am working for days to fix all this. Trief numerous different PDF export settings (unemebdded the fonts, etc.).
1. make sure you have Postscript fonts.
2. check you embed the fonts
3. check flattening and transparency settings on the objects that do not work as expected - you do not want RGB and CMYK objects to overlap or be used in the same document (use CMYK) - drop shadow requires high resolution flattening to be applied.
4. export as eps and distill in distiller - best way to ensure everything will work.
fast export with InExport free from apple downloads page (Apple only), try java script from the java dev website - they offer a wide range of scripts (if you are familiar with java).