FORUMS: list search recent posts

ICC profiles

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Tremouilhac
ICC profiles
on Apr 13, 2008 at 10:38:59 am

Hi,
I'm very new to all of these programs, so thank you for being indulgent with me.
I'm working on a school yearbook, and we're in a last-minute crunch because of problems with our photos.
All the images need to be saved as CMYK or Gray scale. I'm opening each photo in Adobe Photoshope, saving it in the correct mode, and then updating my link in InDesign.
However, I'm suddenly very concerned about "embedded ICC profiles": I don't know what they are, and I'm afraid I'm doing this all wrong. In InDesign, when I do Pre-flight, some images say "embedded" profile, others say "none." Is this going to be a problem? What should my settings be in Photoshop and in InDesign to ensure that the printer has the photos as he needs them?

In Photoshop, as I'm opening the photos, many of them--even the ones already saved in gray scale--bring a dialogue box saying 'the icc profile will be ignored, because it is incorrect" (or something like that--I'm working in a French-language program, so I'm translating). I tried going to Edit-->Colors-->and Deactiving all the color management boxes (thinking that by resaving each photo, the embedded icc profile which is "incorrect" would be replaced), but I have no idea if that's correct.

SO my question is, should I be worried about this, or does it not matter to the printer whether there are embedded profiles or not?

If it does matter, how do I make sure that all my images are in CMYK or gray scale -- the printer hasn't said anything about embedded profiles, so I don't think we need any other color info except those simple settings.

Thank you SO much!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]