FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editable text boxes / form fields --> PDF ?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobias Tuleby
Editable text boxes / form fields --> PDF ?
on Mar 17, 2008 at 8:58:29 pm

Hi!

I have a 10-page document in InDesign, which people are supposed to fill out lots of form fields in.

I generate a PDF - add all the editable form fields in Acrobat Pro - finished.

But then, I want to make changes to the PDF. I have to make the changes in the INDD-file, generate a new PDF, and do it all over again!

There must be some way to create text-fields in InDesign and set them to be editable in the PDF-export?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Ayton
Re: Editable text boxes / form fields --> PDF ?
on Jun 19, 2008 at 12:48:48 am

Tobias,
It would appear not, but I am hoping to be proven wrong.
I am dealing with a similar situation and have found that you can select all of your form fields and copy & paste them into another PDF.
So if you make amendments to the INDD file and then export a new version of the PDF, with different name, you can the selact all of the fields from the existing PDF and copy & paste them into this new PDF and they should be in the correct location.

I have done this with a single page document only, so you may have to work page by page to copy & paste them all.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Return to posts index

Lanell Tweddle
Re: Editable text boxes / form fields --> PDF ?
on Jun 27, 2008 at 7:16:09 pm

You can retain your PDF form fields and update your document.

When you create your updated PDF, don't overwrite the file that contains the form fields. Open the PDF with your form fields, then go to Document > Replace Pages (Acrobat 8), and navigate to the PDF file containing your updates. This will keep your form fields but replace the page behind the fields.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]