FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating an interactive pdf, something is going wrong :(

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Slite Wesly
creating an interactive pdf, something is going wrong :(
on Feb 8, 2008 at 11:08:14 pm

Hi
I am trying to create an interactive pdf with indesign.
I have three layers 1, 2 ,3
Layer 1 being the lowest and 3 at the topmost.
Layer 1 - is a brown background
Layer 2 - is a white rectangle
Layer 3 - is some text and an image

Layer 2 is a hidden button. When I click on another button it triggers the lay 2 to be visible. I exported this into pdf to check, but then what happens is the layer 2 gets visible after the click but it hides the layer 3. I was hoping it would show below layer 3!! Where an I going wrong?!! I hope this explaination was easy to understand.
I would appreciate any kind of help!
Thank You

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: creating an interactive pdf, something is going wrong :(
on Feb 11, 2008 at 7:54:21 pm

Search InDesign help for states

Choose Window > Interactive > States to display the States panel.
Using the Selection tool , select the button in the layout that you want to edit.
Do one of the following:
In the States panel, select a preset option from the Appearance menu. The preset options create slightly different button appearances for the Up, Rollover, and Down states.

From the States panel menu, choose New State to create the Rollover state. Choose New State again to create the Down state. If the Up, Down, and Rollover states exist, the New State option is dimmed.

To change the appearance of a state, do any of the following:
To place a text file or image in the state, select the state in the States panel, and then either choose File > Place or choose Place Content Into State from the States panel menu. Double-click the filename of the text or graphic.

To paste an image or a text frame, copy it to the Clipboard, select the state in the States panel, and then choose Edit > Paste Into.

To type text, select the state in the States panel. Using the Type tool, click the button and type the text. For buttons converted from other objects such as placed images, choose Delete Content From States from the States panel menu, click OK to delete the contents, and then use the Type tool to click on the button and enter the text.

Use the Control panel to format the text. Use the Text Frame Options dialog box to center the text within the button.
To change the stroke and fill of the state’s contents (such as a text frame), select the state in the States panel and use the Direct Selection tool to select the button contents. In the Swatches panel, select the Fill or Stroke icon and specify whether the stroke applies to text or the frame, and then click a color in the Swatches panel. You can also use the Stroke or Color panel to change the appearance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]